Use “product packaging design” in a conversation with five people and you are likely to get five different impressions of what is implied.
When we talk about product packaging design, we mean how the branding on the package looks, why it looks that way, and how it functions in its myriad contexts (on-shelf, online, at home, etc.).
Brand Shepherd’s product packaging specialties are focused on:
- Visual branding (graphic design, marketing, eye candy). We always bring to life your brand’s value propositions, and create packaging with stopping power for the consumer.
- Structural design for product packaging. The little things make the biggest difference. Maybe it’s the subtle curve on a view window for your product, or using a box instead of a clamshell.
- Connections for production. Our connections with the PDMA, packaging materials sources, printers, and all the hands that help bring a product to market are the people we are proud to work with and share with our clients.
- Startup? Established brand? We know both worlds. Whether the product is an innovative solution to a challenge within a category, or a well-established product bringing tried-and-true value to life, we can help. We have worked with enough big retail buyers to know what to expect, and we will help the product look amazing both on-shelf and to the buyer.
- Thinking beyond the shelf. It’s one thing to have great product packaging on-shelf, but we prefer to assume the product will be sold online too. So everything we create is crafted with the assumption that it needs to be re-purposed for e-commerce. This approach saves clients a lot of money and time because they have a single branding partner to shepherd the brand, regardless of where it’s sold.